Pumpkin Pie made with Stevia
Not much completes a perfect Thanksgiving dinner than a rich, sweet slice of pumpkin pie. See below for a recipe to make it even sweeter – using less sugar! Happy Thanksgiving from the team at Apura Ingredients.
Yields: 8 servings | Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- 2/3 cup Stevia Bakers Bag
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can low-fat 2%evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch frozen prepared deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In small bowl mix Stevia Bakers Bag, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, add vanilla, and stir in stevia spice mixture.
- In small bowl dissolve cornstarch in 2-3 tablespoons of evaporated milk. Blend in pumpkin mixture and stir in remaining evaporated milk. Blend well. Pour into frozen deep-dish pie crust. Set on cookie sheet and bake at 425° F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350° F and bake another 45-50 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool on rack for 2 hours. Garnish with light whipped cream before serving.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2-3 days.